Brinjal curry is one of the easiest curry recipes made with brinjal. This is very tasty when served with hot steamed rice or with rasam rice too. The fry can be prepared with or without onions. Both variations taste awesome. Here I present tasty brinjal fry which can be served as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Purple brinjals(Small): 250 gms
Onion: 1 no. Big
Salt: As required
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Besan flour: 1 tsp(Optional)
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Curry leaves: A sprig.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 250 gms of small purple brinjals. Rinse them well with water.
2. Chop them into pieces and immerse them in water. Put salt and turmeric.
3. Now heat kadai, pour oil. Put mustard and cumin seeds. When mustard splutter add a pinch of hing, required amount of salt and turmeric into it.
4. Now add chopped brinjal pieces into it and mix well.
5. Cook the brinjal on low flame keeping lid.
6. Open the lid and stir the brinjal pieces at regular intervals.
7. Cook them on low flame till they are done completely.
8. Now add red chilli powder and coriander powder. Sauté for a minute.
9. Now add besan flour and mix well. Sauté the brinjal pieces for two minutes till the raw smell of the besan flour goes away. Now the simple brinjal fry is ready to serve without onions.
10. If you want to add onions, transfer the curry onto a plate. Pour little oil into the same kadai and put one chopped onion.
11. Fry them till they turn into translucent. Add little salt to it and mix well.
12. Now add already prepared brinjal curry to the fried onions and mix thoroughly.
13. Sauté the curry for one more minute and switch off the flame.
14. Now the easy and simple brinjal fry is ready to serve with hot steamed rice.