Green peas mint pulao
Green pulao is another comforting one pot meal with subtle flavours. It can be prepared very easily with green peas and mint leaves. Mint leaves give nice colour and fragrance to the pulao. Green peas mint pulao is served with onion raita. Mint leaves are ground with garlic, ginger and coriander leaves. The ground paste is sautéed with onion, green peas and then cooked along with rice to prepare green peas pulao. Here I present healthy and mildly spiced green peas mint pulao garnished with fried cashews and onions. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: North Indian
Basmati rice: 2 cups(Small), rice cooker cup
Green peas(Fresh/Frozen): 1 cup(Small)
Fresh Mint leaves: 1 bunch
Coriander leaves: Few
Onion: 1 no.
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: Half tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Red chilli powder: 3/4 th tsp
Garlic: 5/6 nos.
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Salt: As required
Cashews: 10-15 nos.
Oil: 2 tbsp
Ghee: 2 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 2 cups of basmati rice in a vessel.
2. Rinse well with water and soak the rice in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile heat kadai, pour ghee. Fry the cashews till they change colour and transfer them into a bowl.
4. Slice the onion into thin long pieces. Now in the same ghee fry few sliced onions which are to be used for garnishing. Transfer them into the same bowl.
5. Now add 2 tbsp of oil and fry remaining sliced onions. Add a pinch of salt and fry till they change into translucent.
6. Take one bunch of fresh mint leaves, separate the leaves from the stem and rinse well with water. Grind mint leaves, few coriander leaves, ginger and garlic in a mixer grinder.
7. Grind the mixture into a smooth paste. No need to add water.
8. Now add the ground mint leaves mixture to the sautéed onion pieces.
9. Sauté the mixture till raw smell goes and oil oozes of the mixture.
10. Now add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder and garam masala. Fry them for a minute.
11. Now add one cup of green peas and mix thoroughly.
12. Sauté the entire mixture for two minutes.
13. Now add basmati rice alone, mix well and fry for a minute.
14. Now add soaked water and required amount of salt. Bring it to boil.
15. Switch off the flame and transfer the mixture into rice cooker. Cook the rice in rice cooker in cooking mode. When it’s done it changes to warm mode automatically.
17. Now Open the lid of the rice cooker and mix thoroughly with a ladle.
18. Transfer the green peas pulao into a serving bowl and garnish with fried cashews and onion pieces.
19. Now the delicious green peas mint pulao is ready to serve hot with onion raita.