Tomato chutney for idly/dosa
Tomato chutney is one of the best accompaniments for idly or dosa in Tamil homes. This is quick and easy recipe to prepare in no time. Onions, tomatoes are cooked with garlic, coriander leaves
and red chillies later ground into a smooth paste. Tempering is done and then served with idly or dosa. Here I present delicious tomato chutney which can be served as an accompaniment to South Indian breakfasts. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Tomatoes: 3 tomatoes(medium size)
Onions: 2 nos.(1 large and 1 medium)
Garlic flakes: 3/4 nos.
Red chillies: 5/6 nos.
Coriander leaves: one small bunch
Salt: As required
Oil: 1 tbsp.
Oil: 1 tbsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Curry leaves: A sprig.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 3 tomatoes and 2 onions. Rinse them well with water. Roughly chop tomatoes and keep them aside.
2. Now take onions and finely chop them.
3. Heat kadai, pour one tbsp of oil. Put chopped tomatoes into the oil.
4. Mix well and fry on high flame for two minutes stirring continuously.
5. Now add chopped onion, red chillies, garlic flakes and coriander leaves. Mix thoroughly.
6. Cook on low flame for five minutes stirring occasionally and switch off the flame. Allow to cool down completely.
7. Take a mixer grinder, transfer the cooled mixture into the grinder adding required amount of salt.
8. Grind the tomato mixture to get smooth paste.
9. Transfer the tomato pachadi into a serving bowl.
10. Heat small kadai, pour little oil. Put all the tempering ingredients except hing and curry leaves.
11. When mustard splutter add a pinch of hing and curry leaves. Switch off the flame.
12. Pour the tempering onto the tomato chutney and mix thoroughly.