Erra karam dosa
Erra karam dosa is very popular in Andhra Pradesh. This is wonderful and perfect dosa for spice lovers. The erra karam dosa we can have with or without any accompaniment. Erra karam dosa can be served for breakfast or dinner too. If dosa batter is readily available we can prepare the erra karam dosa in no time. Erra karam is prepared with onion, garlic flakes, red chilli powder, tamarind and required amount of salt. The spiciness of chilli powder, the strong flavour of onion and the tanginess of tamarind together leave us an incredible experience on the tastebuds. Here I present erra karam for dosa(Spread) to relish anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Onion: 1 no. Big
Garlic flakes: 2 nos.
Red chilli powder: 1 1/2 – 2 tsp
Salt: As required
Tamarind: Small lemon sized
Dosa batter: 1 cup
Oil: For roasting dosas.
Oil: Half tbsp
Mustard seeds: Half tsp
Curry leaves: A sprig
Asafoetida: A pinch.
Method of preparation
1. Take one big onion, rinse well and roughly chop it. Soak tamarind in enough water for 10 minutes.
2. Take a mixer grinder, put chopped onion, garlic flakes, red chilli powder, soaked tamarind and required amount of salt.
3. Grind to a smooth and fine paste. No need to add water.
4. Transfer the ground paste into a serving bowl.
5. Heat small kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard seeds. When mustard splutter add a pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Switch off the flame.
6. Pour the tempering onto the chutney. Mix thoroughly.
7. Now the erra karam is ready to use. I’ve prepared one more chutney(peanut+roasted gram) along with erra karam.
8. Pour dosa and spread one tsp of erra karam evenly onto the dosa. Drizzle little oil.
9. Roast the dosa on one side only and fold it into required shape.
10. Transfer the dosa onto a serving plate and serve along with other chutneys/powder. Likewise roast required number of dosas.