Potato curry for masala dosa
Potato curry is used for stuffing masala dosa. This is very quick recipe and goes well with dosa, roti or even with hot steamed rice. Potatoes are steamed, onions are sautéed in the tempering and steamed potatoes are added with sautéed onions. Chopped Green chillies and required amount of salt, coriander leaves, curry leaves are also added. Here I present very tasty potato curry which is used to stuff the dosa. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Accompaniment/side dish
Cuisine: South Indian
Potatoes: 2 nos. Big or 4 nos. small
Onion: 1 no. Big
Green chillies: 2 nos.
Red chilli: 1 no.
Curry leaves: A sprig
Coriander leaves: Few
Salt: As required
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Dosa Batters: Required amount for pouring dosas.
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take 2 large potatoes, rinse them well with water. Peel the skin and chop them into cubes.
2. Steam the chopped potatoes in a pressure cooker for 5 whistles keeping on a high flame.
3. Heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard, urad dal and chana dal. When mustard splutter add a pinch of hing into it.
4. Add chopped green chillies, curry leaves and broken red chilli too. Sauté for few seconds.
5. Now add thinly sliced onions into it. Mix thoroughly.
6. Add a pinch of turmeric. Mix well and fry till the onion turn into translucent.
7. Now add steamed potatoes and mix well. Add required amount of salt.
8. Sauté the mixture for two minutes and switch off the flame.
9. Transfer the curry into a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Now the potato curry for stuffing dosa is ready.
10. Heat Pan and season with oil. Take a ladle full of dosa batter and pour onto the hot Pan. Spread the batter to get thin dosa and drizzle oil along the edges of the dosa.
11. Now place one tbsp of potato curry and fold the dosa into required shape.
12. Transfer the dosa onto a serving plate and serve hot with other accompaniments.
13. I’ve prepared cucumber chutney and coconut chutney along with potato curry. Enjoy the masala dosa with other accompaniments.