Spring onion stir fry
This is an amazing recipe which can be prepared in a jiffy. Spring onions have loads of health benefits. Kids also love to have this dish if it’s moderately spiced. Spring onions or scallions can be used for salad dressing, garnishing and also for soups. The spring onions are sautéed in little oil for few minutes and spice powders are added at the end. This is very flavoursome recipe to consume anytime. Here I present delicious spring onion stir fry which can be served as a side dish to hot steamed rice and melted ghee. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Cuisine: South Indian
Spring onions: 4 bunches
Salt: A pinch
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Gulla Sanaga Pappu Podi (Roasted Bengal Gram Powder): 3 tsp
(Please click on the recipe)
Oil: 1 tbsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Ginger: Half inch piece.
Method of preparation:
1. Take four bunches of spring onions. Remove the roots.
2. Rinse them well with water and chop the Spring onions into small pieces. Keep the white parts and green parts separately.
3. Heat kadai and pour oil. Add cumin and chopped ginger. Fry for few seconds.
4. Now add chopped white parts into the tempering. Sauté for two minutes on low flame adding a pinch of salt and turmeric too.
5. Now add greens also and sauté again for two more minutes.
6. Now add roasted gram powder. Mix thoroughly and sauté for a minute. No need to add salt because roasted gram powder contains salt.
7. Switch off the flame and transfer into a serving bowl.
8. Now the delicious spring onion stir fry is ready to serve with hot steamed rice and melted ghee.
1. I have added roasted gram powder to enhance the flavour of the stir fry, instead you can add own masalas of your choice. Grated fresh coconut can also be added at the end.
2. To prepare roasted gram powder, take 2 tbsp of roasted gram/Putnalu in a mixer grinder. Add 2/3 red chillies along with salt. Grind them to a fine powder and add the powder to the stir fry before switching off the flame. Three or four garlic flakes can also be added.
3. For detailed recipe please click on the roasted gram powder(Gilla Sanaga pappu/Putnalu podi).