Needless to mention the health benefits of green leafy vegetables. Thotakura pachadi with thotakura/amaranth leaves is no exception. Thotakura pachadi is very tasty and healthy preparation which is a very good accompaniment to hot steamed rice. Here I present healthy, tasty and flavourful thotakura pachadi to relish. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Thotakura/amaranth leaves: 3 bunches
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Coriander seeds: 1 tsp
Red chillies: 8/9 nos.
Green chillies: 2 nos.
Garlic flakes: 1/2 nos.(Optional)
Tomato: 1 big no.
Salt: As required
Tamarind: lemon sized
Oil: 1 tbsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Urad dal: Half tsp
Mustard : Half tsp
Cumin: Half tsp
Asafoetida: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take 3 bunches of amaranth leaves, pluck the leaves from the stem.
2. Rinse the leaves well with water and keep aside.
3. Roughly chop them and keep aside.
4. Now heat kadai and pour oil. Put chana dal, urad dal and coriander seeds. When they slightly change colour add red chillies and fry for a minute. Transfer them onto a plate.
5. Now into the same kadai put the chopped thotakura leaves.
6. Fry them on low flame stirring at regular intervals.
7. Meanwhile soak tamarind in enough water.
8. Add green chillies and fry again.
9. Now add chopped tomato into it. Mix well and fry on low flame.
10. Fry on low flame and add garlic flake and fry furthermore for two minutes.
11. Switch off the flame and allow to cool down.
12. Take a mixer grinder put the roasted ingredients adding required amount of salt.
13. Grind them into a fine powder. Now add soaked tamarind and grind once again.
14. Now add thotakura mixture and use pulse button to get right texture. Add tamarind water if required.
15. Use pulse button only till the right texture and consistency is achieved.
16. Transfer the pachadi into a serving bowl.
17. Heat small kadai for tempering. Put mustard, cumin and urad dal. When mustard splutter add a pinch of hing and switch off the flame. Pour this tempering onto the chutney. Mix well and serve the thotakura pachadi with hot steamed rice.