Mini uthappam is an ordinary recipe with exceptional taste. Uthappams are prepared with leftover idly batter. Finely chopped onion, green chilli and coriander leaves are added to the idly batter and poured like small thick dosas. Here I present mini uthappam which can be served as a breakfast or an evening snack for school going children. Njoy, Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Idly batter: One cup or 4 ladles
Onion: 1 no. Medium
Green chilli: 1 no.
Coriander leaves: Few
Salt: A pinch
Oil/ghee: Required to roast uthappams.
Method of preparation:
1. Take required amount of idly batter in a vessel.
2. Now add finely chopped onion, chopped green chilli and coriander. Mix thoroughly, if required add a pinch of salt. Because idly batter contains good amount of salt.
3. Heat tawa or griddle, drizzle little oil.
4. Now pour small uthappams onto the tawa and drizzle little oil.
5. Keep the lid and roast them on low flame for two minutes. Drizzle little ghee for flavour.
6. Now flip the uthappams other side and roast them for two more minutes.
7. Likewise roast required number of uthappams in batches.
8. Now the uthappams are ready to serve. Serve the mini uthappams with coconut chutney.