Baby corn masala curry
Baby corn masala curry is so delicious when served with roti/pulka/chapathi. The curry goes well with any veggie pulao or jeera rice too. The curry is prepared with baby corn, onion tomato cashew nut gravy and spice powders. I’ve prepared roti with wheat flour and maida too. Here I present tasty baby corn masala curry which is served with wheat/maida roti. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Cuisine: North Indian
Baby corn cobs: 10 nos.
Onions: 2 nos.
Tomatoes: 3 nos.
Cashews: 10 nos.
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Bay leaf: 2 nos.
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: Half tsp
Coriander powder: Half tsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves: Half tsp
Coriander leaves: Few
Salt: As required
Oil: 2 1/2 tbsp
Ghee/butter: 1 tsp
Amul Cream: 2 tsp(For garnishing).
Method of preparation:
1. Take ten corn cobs and remove the outer layer.
2. Rinse well with water, remove the edges and chop them into bite size pieces and keep aside.
3. Take onions and tomatoes. Rinse with water and roughly chop them.
4. Heat pan, pour oil. Put chopped onions and sauté them well.
5. When they change into translucent, add ginger garlic paste.
6. Mix well and sauté on low flame till raw smell goes.
7. Now add chopped tomato and mix thoroughly.
8. Sauté the tomatoes till they become soft and add cashews into it.
9. Mix well and sauté for two more minutes. Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
10. Take a mixer grinder put the cooled mixture and grind into a smooth puree.
11. Take same non stick pan, pour oil. Add two bay leaves into it.
12. Sauté for few seconds and add ground puree into it. Also add one tsp of melted ghee.
13. Stir continuously for few seconds and cook the puree on low flame for five minutes.
14. Now add cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder too. Add required amount of salt too.
15. Mix thoroughly and sauté the mixture for one minute.
16. Now add red chilli powder and mix well. Also add chopped baby corn pieces into it.
17. Mix well and add half cup of water. Now add chopped coriander leaves and crushed kasuri methi.
18. Mix well and sauté on low flame for five minutes. Switch off the flame.
19. Now the delicious baby corn masala curry is ready to serve. Transfer the curry into a serving bowl. Garnish with amul cream.
20. Serve the baby corn masala curry with hot pulka or maida roti.