Vermicelli Almond pudding
Vermicelli almond pudding is a silky delight which I’ve prepared to celebrate the New Year. Vermicelli almond pudding is rich with almonds and creamy in texture. The milk is boiled and vermicelli is cooked in milk with saffron and almond cashew paste. Later sugar is added as a sweetening agent. Dry fruits are roasted in melted ghee and mixed with pudding for a nice crunchy taste. Here I present rich and decadent dessert vermicelli almond pudding to tantalise our taste buds. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Milk: 1 litre
Roasted Vermicelli: 1 small cup of 100 ml capacity
Sugar: 1 small cup
Saffron strands: 10-15 nos.
Almonds: 15 nos.
Cashews: 10 nos.
Ghee: 1 tsp
Dry fruits: Few(Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios n Raisins)
Method of preparation:
1. Soak 10-15 almonds in enough water for 30 minutes.
2. Take one litre of milk in a heavy bottomed vessel and boil it.
3. Take few saffron strands and add them to the hot milk(2 tbsp) in a small cup.
4. Continue to boil the milk for ten more minutes on low flame. Stir the milk at regular intervals while boiling.
5. Now add one cup of vermicelli and mix thoroughly.
6. Cook the vermicelli in milk on low flame.
7. Now add saffron milk to the boiling vermicelli. Saffron gives very nice colour.
8. After 30 minutes of soaking, peel the skin of the almonds and keep aside.
9. Take a mixer grinder put the peeled almonds into it.
10. Also add few cashew nuts into it. Cashews give nice consistency to the pudding.
11. Grind the almonds and cashews to get a smooth and fine paste. Add little water to get the desired consistency.
12. Now add the ground almond cashew paste to the boiling vermicelli mixture.
13. Mix thoroughly for a minute and cook on low flame for five minutes or till raw smell goes away.
14. Now heat small kadai pour one tsp of ghee. Slightly crush almonds, cashews and pistachios in a mortar pestle. Add the crushed cashews, almonds, pistachios and few raisins into the ghee. Roast them for a minute. Transfer the roasted dry fruits into the boiling vermicelli mixture. Keep some for garnishing.
15. Mix thoroughly and switch off the flame. Now add one cup of sugar into it. Stir continuously till the sugar dissolves completely. Now the consistency of the pudding is thick.
16. Now the creamy delight vermicelli almond pudding is ready to serve. Transfer the pudding into serving bowls and can be served hot or chilled. Garnish with roasted dry fruits and saffron strands.
17. Refrigerate for one hour and enjoy the vermicelli almond pudding.