Pasta in white sauce
Pasta is a staple food of Italian cuisine. Now it has become popular and favourite dish of almost everybody across world. The preparation is very simple, quick and easy yet very delicious. I’ve prepared pasta in white sauce and loaded with tricoloured capsicums. The white sauce is prepared with butter, garlic, maida, milk and few herbs, spices. Veggies are sautéed and pasta is cooked. Sautéed veggies and cooked pasta are mixed in white sauce. The pasta in white sauce can be served as an evening snack or dinner too. Pasta can be prepared for kids birthday parties, potluck lunch/dinner along with other delicacies. Here I present scrumptious pasta in white sauce to relish anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Main, snacks
Pasta: 1 cup
Maida: 1 tbsp
Butter: 2 tsp
Milk: 250 ml.
Red, yellow, green capsicums: Half piece each colour
Carrot: 1 no.
Corn kernels: Few(Optional)
Salt: As required
Garlic flakes: 3 nos.
Oil: 1 tsp
Dry oregano: 1 tsp
Dry Basil: 1 tsp
Black peppercorns: 5-7 nos.
Red chilli: 1 no.
Method of preparation:
1. Take one cup of pasta in a vessel.
2. Add 3 1/2 – 4 cups of water and boil the pasta.
3. Boil the pasta on medium to high flame till al dente(Just cooked) or for 10-12 minutes. I’ve used del monte brand pasta.
Switch off the flame and strain the pasta using colander. Keep aside.
4. Meanwhile prepare white sauce.
5. Take tricolour capsicums and chop them into long strips. I’ve used half capsicum of each colour. Also chop carrot into thin pieces.
6. Heat pan and pour one tsp of oil. Add chopped capsicum and carrot pieces. Also add few corn kernels.
7. Sauté them on high flame for three minutes adding a pinch of salt.
8. Transfer the sautéed veggies onto a plate.
9. In the same kadai, put two tsp of butter into it.
10. Add finely chopped garlic into it.
11. Fry the garlic for few seconds and add one tbsp of maida into it.
12. Fry maida for two minutes till raw smell goes away.
13. Now add milk and bring it to boil.
14. Crush the red chilli and whole black peppercorns into coarse powder.
15. Now add crushed red chilli flakes and black peppercorns, dry oregano, dry Basil too.
16. Mix thoroughly and simmer for two minutes till nice creamy texture has attained.
17. Now add cooked pasta and sautéed veggies into the white sauce. Mix thoroughly.
18. Switch off the flame and transfer the pasta into a serving bowl. Relish the pasta in white sauce.
Pasta in white sauce I’ve prepared above is loaded with veggies. Instead of that you can add only boiled sweet corn and green peas. The quantity of white sauce can also be adjusted according to individual preference. Here below I’ve prepared pasta with less veggies and more creamy sauce. Grated cheese can also be added at the end.