Sweet n tangy welcome drink
Welcome drink I’ve prepared is completely a traditional recipe. We can surprise our guests with a warm welcome drink. The taste and flavours of the welcome drink are amazing. The drink is quite an energy booster and improves digestion. I’ve prepared the drink with cooked moong lentils, jaggery powder, cumin seeds, crushed black peppercorns and tamarind water. All ingredients are boiled and strained. The welcome drink is served either hot or warm. Here I present a warm and soothing sweet n tangy welcome drink to treat our loved ones anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Cooked Moong dal: 2 tbsp
Jaggery powder: 2 1/2 tbsp
Whole black peppercorns: 6/7 nos.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Tamarind water: 2 tbsp
Salt: As required.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 2 tbsp of cooked moong dal in a bowl. I’ve used leftover moong dal to prepare the recipe. If it’s not readily available, take 1 tbsp of moong dal and cook it in enough water till it becomes soft and mushy.
2. Take a vessel, put 2 1/2 tbsp of organic jaggery powder.
3. Now add 2 1/2 cups of water or approximately 500ml of water into it.
4. Now add the cooked moong dal to the jaggery water. Mix thoroughly.
5. Bring it to boil. Now add crushed black peppercorns and cumin seeds.
6. Soak small lemon sized tamarind for 15 minutes in enough water and extract the tamarind water. Add 2 tbsp of tamarind water and required amount of salt too.
7. Mix thoroughly and boil the mixture.
8. When it comes to the boiling point, switch off the flame.
9. Allow the liquid to rest for two minutes.
10. Strain the liquid using a colander.
11. Now the tasty and energetic welcome drink is ready to serve.
12. Transfer the welcome drink into serving glasses and serve it either hot or warm.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.