Ragi pindi rotte
Ragi rotte is a staple food of Karnataka state which is mainly served as breakfast. Today I’m posting Ragi pindi rotte which is my mom’s recipe. This recipe is pretty much popular in Rayalaseema also, which is a part of the Andhra Pradesh. There are so many variations with Ragi pindi/finger millet flour like Ragi dosa, Ragi Sankati, Ragi laddoo, Ragi idly, Ragi rotte and many more. Already I’ve posted Ragi dosa, Ragi idly in my earlier recipes. Here I present very healthy, tasty and filling breakfast Ragi pindi rotte which can be served as plain or with any chutney. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: Karnataka, India
Ragi pindi/Finger millet flour: 2 small cups
Onion: 1 no. Medium size
Coriander leaves: Few
Green chillies: 1 no.
Salt: As required
Water: 1 cup(Approximately)
Oil: 2/3 tsp for roasting.
Method of preparation:
1. Take two small cups of Ragi flour in a broad vessel.
2. Now add finely chopped onion, chopped coriander leaves and green chilli too. Add required amount of salt.
3. Mix thoroughly and slowly add one small cup of water to get uniform mixture. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
4. Make three balls of required size from the prepared dough.
5. Now take a pan and make rotte on the pan pressing with fingers
6. Now heat Pan and roast the rotte drizzling little oil all over the rotte. Keep the lid and cook on low flame.
7. After five minutes check the rotte, when it’s cooked one side turn the other side and cook that side too. Keep the lid again.
8. Open the lid and check the rotte.
9. When it’s cooked completely transfer the rotte onto a plate.
10. Likewise cook all the required rottes. Before pressing the other rotte allow the Pan to become warm or use another Pan simultaneously. Because if the Pan is hot, pressing rotte directly with palm is difficult.
11. Transfer the Ragi rotte onto a serving plate and serve hot with ginger chutney or any pickle.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.