Aloo Palak – “A flavourful and healthy combo”. This is quick and easy recipe which can be prepared similar to Aloo Methi/Potato Fenugreek Leaves Stir Fry recipe(I’ve posted in my earlier recipes). The recipe is moderately spiced with minimal ingredients. Potatoes are sautéed in oil and chopped spinach is added to the potatoes. Spices are added to sautéed potato spinach mixture. Here I present delicious aloo palak which is served as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice or roti. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Potatoes: 2 large nos.
Spinach leaves: 6 medium bunches
Oil: 2 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Salt: As required
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Jilakara Karam/Roasted Cumin Chilli powder: 2 tsp(Please click on the link for detailed recipe).
Method of preparation:
1. Take two large potatoes rinse them well with water. Peel the skin and chop them into medium size cubes. Immerse them in water till we use.
2. Take 6 bunches of spinach leaves, pluck the leaves from the stems. Rinse them thoroughly for two times with water. Roughly chop them and keep aside.
3. Heat kadai and pour oil. Drain the water and add the chopped potatoes into the kadai.
4. Sauté the potatoes on low flame stirring at regular intervals.
5. Sauté the potatoes for five minutes or till they are three fourth cooked.
6. Now add chopped spinach Leaves and mix well.
7. Sauté the potatoes and spinach leaves till they are completely cooked.
8. Now add generous pinch of turmeric and required amount of salt too. Mix thoroughly and continue the process.
9. After two minutes add coriander powder, jilakara karam and garam masala. Mix thoroughly and further sauté the mixture for two more minutes.
10. Switch off the flame. Now the tasty aloo palak is ready to serve with hot steamed rice.
11. Transfer the aloo palak into a serving bowl and enjoy.