Tiranga Gobi 65
This year India is celebrating its 69th Republic day. Republic day marks the birth of Indian Republic and adoption of Indian constitution. This day is celebrated by showcasing the might and valour of Indian armed forces, cultural heritage, advancements in technology and future of India. Tricolour plays a very important role in the celebrations. The celebrations also include distribution of sweets/choclates in schools, cultural activities and many more. Tricolour flag hoisting is an important event on republic/independence day. Celebrate this year’s Republic day with a versatile evening snack tricolour Gobi 65. Gobi 65 is prepared with cauliflower which is deep fried adding three colours. Addition of food colours is completely an individual choice. Here I present mildly spiced Tiranga/Tricolour Gobi 65 to celebrate India’s Republic day festival. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cauliflower: 1 no. Small or 2 cups small size florets
Rice flour: 3 tbsp
Corn flour: 3 tsp
Food colours(Orange, green): A pinch
Salt: As required
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Red chilli powder: Half tsp
Oil: As required for deep frying.
Method of preparation:
1. Take small cauliflower, remove the leaves and separate the florets. Rinse them thoroughly with water.
2. Boil four cups of water and immerse the cauliflower florets in hot water for three minutes.
3. Take a bowl, put rice flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and required amount of salt too. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
4. After three minutes drain the excess water using strainer and transfer them into the bowl containing rice flour mixture. Mix thoroughly.
5. Divide the Gobi mixture into three equal quantities.Transfer equal quantities of Gobi/cauliflower mixture into separate bowls.
6. In one bowl keep the Gobi as plain.
7. Take a small pinch of orange colour and add three to four drops of water. Add this orange coloured water to the Gobi kept separately. Mix thoroughly and keep aside.
8. Now take a pinch of green colour and add few drops of water. Add this green coloured water to the remaining Gobi mixture which is kept separately. Mix thoroughly and keep aside.
9. Now the orange, white and green coloured Gobi mixture are ready to deep fry.
10. Heat kadai and pour oil for deep frying.
11. When the oil becomes hot carefully drop the plain Gobi mixture. Fry them on high flame for two minutes and transfer them onto a plate which contains kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
12. Now fry the orange coloured Gobi mixture and transfer them onto the same plate.
13. Similarly fry the green coloured Gobi mixture and transfer them onto the plate. Now the tricoloured Gobi 65 is ready to serve.
14. Arrange the tricoloured(Orange, white n green) Gobi 65 onto a serving plate.
15. Serve the crispy tricoloured Gobi with tomato ketchup.
16. The speciality of this Gobi 65 is, remains crispy even it becomes warm.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.