Sweet potato kebab/tikki
Sweet potato kebab/tikki is a delicious and nutritious recipe. Usually We prepare vegetable stew or sambar with sweet potato. If you’re bored of eating regular varieties with sweet potato definitely this is a super recipe to prepare as an evening snack. Sweet potatoes are rich in carbohydrates, dietary fiber and contain micro nutrients. It’s always advised to consume sweet potatoes in any form. Sweet potato kebabs are one such savoury dish to include in our diet plan. Here I present healthy evening snack sweet potato kebab/tikki to relish. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Evening snacks
Sweet potatoes: 300 gms or 2 large nos.
Corn flour: 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Red chilli powder: Half tsp
Salt: As required
Ghee: 3/4 tsp for roasting kebabs.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 600 gms(Approximately) of sweet potatoes, immerse them in water for 20-30 minutes because lot of dirt present in them. I’ve prepared sweet potato kebabs and sweet potato halwa at a time. So I’ve used 600 gms., Half portion prepared kebabs and the remaining used to prepare sweet potato halwa. I will post the sweet halwa dish soon.
2. Rinse thoroughly two or times under running waster.
3. Cut the big sweet potatoes into halves. Take a small pressure cooker put all the sweet potatoes and pour enough water.
4. Keep the lid, weight and steam them on medium flame for five minutes. No need to get the whistle because sweet potatoes take very less time to cook.
5. Once the pressure settles down and open the lid of the pressure cooker.
6. Allow the sweet potatoes to become warm . Drain the excess water and transfer them onto a plate.
7. Peel the skin of sweet potatoes.
8. Take half of them into a separate bowl and mash them thoroughly. Now use half of the mashed sweet potatoes for making kebabs.
9. Add required amount of salt, ginger garlic paste, corn flour, cumin powder, garam masala and red chilli powder.
10. Mix thoroughly and keep aside.
11. Take long bamboo skewers. Take each portion and make like kebab and press onto a bamboo skewer. Likewise prepare required number of sweet potato kebabs.
12. Heat nonstick pan and drizzle one tsp of ghee onto it.
13. Now carefully place the kebabs onto the pan.
14. Roast the kebabs on all sides keeping on low flame. If required drizzle little ghee.
15. Transfer the roasted kebabs onto a plate.
16. Now make the remaining mashed sweet potato into a small tikkis.
17. Roast them on both sides drizzling ghee.
18. Transfer them onto a plate.
19. Now the sweet potato kebabs/tikkis are ready to serve.
20. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup and enjoy.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.