Fruit salad with Honey n cream dressing
Fruit salad with honey n cream dressing is an extraordinary dessert which gives instant energy. This is a great recipe during fasting days. Maha Shivarathri(The great night of Lord Shiva) is forthcoming. On Maha Shivarathri day fasting and vigil is observed throughout the day. Devotees visit the God Shiva temple and do special prayers, chant “Ohm Namah Shivaya” Maha mantra. Only fruits are consumed throughout the day. Today I’ve prepared special recipe which can be prepared for Maha Shivarathri day(This year it is observed on February 13th). The recipe is so quick and easy yet very healthy. Tropical and seasonal fruits, dry fruits are used. Dressing is done with fresh cream and honey. Here I present fresh and juicy fruit salad with honey n cream dressing to relish during festive days or anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Red Apple: 1 no.
Green apple: 1 no.
Banana: 1 no.
Kiwi: 1 no.
Orange: 1 no.
Cardamom pods: 1/2 nos.
Fresh cream: 2 tbsp
Honey: 2 tbsp(Optional)
Dry fruits(Almonds, cashews, pistachios, raisins, walnuts and dried blue berries): Few
Sugar: 2 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Take tropical and seasonal fruits of your choice from available fruit basket.
2. I’ve taken red apple, green apple, banana, kiwi and orange(Each 1 no.).
3. Rinse them thoroughly with water. Peel the skin of them including apples. Chop them into tiny pieces. Sprinkle sugar on the chopped fruits to avoid oxidation.
4. Put the chopped fruit pieces into a bowl. Mix them thoroughly.
5. Now heat pan and dry roast the dry fruits except dry blue berries for two minutes to get nice crunch. Switch off the flame and keep aside.
6. Now transfer the chopped fresh fruits into individual serving bowls. Pour required amount of fresh cream onto the chopped fruits. Garnish with roasted dry fruits and dried blue berries.
7. Crush the cardamom pods and drizzle cardamom powder onto the fresh fruits. Pour honey too.
8. Now the delicious and divine fresh fruit salad with honey n cream dressing is ready to serve. Refrigerate the remaining chopped fruits and can be consumed within two hours. Before serving cream and honey dressing can be done.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.