Cream of tomato soup
Who says no to a tongue tickling cream of tomato soup. The soup is so delicious with tangy tomatoes and richness of cream. Fresh ripen tomatoes are used. Tomatoes are blanched and puréed. Corn starch is added to the boiling tomato soup. Fresh cream is also added and garnished with bread croutons. Here I present hot and delicious cream of tomato soup with a hint of dry basil to relish as an evening snack for school going children or a starter. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Tomatoes: 500gms or 6/7 nos.
Bay leaf: 2 nos.
Corn flour/starch: 1 tbsp
Fresh cream: 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves: For garnishing(Optional)
Salt: As required
Butter: 2 tsp
Garlic flakes: 2 nos.
Dry basil: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: Half tsp.
Bread slices: 4 nos. or as required
Method of preparation:
1. Take 500 gms or 6 nos. of medium sized tomatoes. Rinse them well with water.
2. Boil three cups of water adding two bay leaves.
3. Trim the edges of tomatoes. When the water comes to boiling point switch off the flame and immerse the tomatoes in hot water for 15-20 minutes(Blanching). Keep the lid.
4. Allow them to cool down completely. Discard the bay leaves and peel the skin of them. Use this water for consistency of the soup.
5. Take a mixer grinder and transfer the peeled tomatoes into it. Make them into a puree.
6. Heat pan and put butter into it. Add finely chopped garlic flakes and dry basil. Fry them for a minute.
7. Now strain the tomato puree directly onto the sautéed garlic flakes and dry basil. Add required amount of salt.
8. Take one tbsp of corn flour and mix with little water to become smooth paste. Add this paste to boiling tomato mixture. Add one cup of water. Also add black pepper powder and sugar.
9. Mix well and boil for three minutes.
10. Now add fresh cream and boil for two more minutes.
11. Meanwhile take four bread slices and trim the edges. Cut two bread slices into small pieces and the remaining two into thin strips.
13. Toast them on low flame till they change into brown colour and turn them the other side.
14. Transfer them onto a plate and keep aside.
15. Now toast the other thin bread slices on both sides.
16. Now transfer the boiled soup into a serving bowl.
17. Now keep the bread croutons onto the soup. Sprinkle one pinch of black pepper onto the soup.
18. Now garnish with fresh cream and coriander leaves.
19. Now the perfect cream of tomato soup for this weather is ready to serve hot.
Please check my other soup recipes.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.