Paneer butter masala is commonly prepared side dish for roti, naan pulka from North Indian cuisine. Now it’s become famous all over India. Paneer butter masala is prepared with paneer(Cottage cheese) as main ingredient. Gravy is prepared with onions, tomatoes, cashews and spices. Paneer cubes are added to the prepared gravy and simmered for two minutes. The taste of this dish is absolutely phenomenal with the richness of fresh cream. Here I present delectable paneer butter masala which can be served as an accompaniment to chapathi, naan or pulka. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Cuisine: North Indian
Paneer(Cottage cheese): 200 gms
Butter: 1 tbsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Onions: 2 nos. medium sized
Ginger garlic paste: 1 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes: 3 nos.
Cashews: 1 1/2 tbsp or 20 nos. (Approximately)
Salt: As required
Garam masala: 2 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1 1/2 tsp
Kasuri methi: 1 tsp
Fresh cream: 1 1/2 tbsp
Coriander leaves: Few
Method of preparation:
1. First soak 15-20 nos. of cashews in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat kadai/pan and put the butter in it.
3. Allow the butter to melt and add chopped onions into it.
4. Fry the onions on low flame till they turn into translucent. Now add ginger garlic paste. And sauté till the raw smell goes away. Also add tbsp of oil.
5. Meanwhile rinse tomatoes well and roughly chop them. Take a mixer grinder and put the chopped tomatoes into it.
6. Grind the tomatoes into a puree.
7. Add the tomato puree to the onion mixture.
8. Add half cup of water into the grinder, pour that water too and mix thoroughly.
9. Keep the lid and cook on low flame for five minutes.
10. Now open the lid and mix thoroughly.
11. Now grind cashews in a mixer grinder into a smooth paste.
12. Add this paste to the cooked onion tomato mixture.
13. Mix well and cook furthermore on low flame for three minutes. If required add little water into it.
14. Now add garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
15. Mix well and again add half cup of water and cook well.
16. Also add kasuri methi and mix well.
17. Meanwhile take 200 gms of paneer and cut it into small cubes of desired shape. Keep aside.
18. Now add one tbsp of cream and stir continuously. Also add chopped coriander leaves.
19. Now add paneer cubes and mix carefully.
20. Cook for just two minutes and switch off the flame.
21. Now the delicious paneer butter masala is ready to serve. Transfer the paneer butter masala into a serving bowl. Garnish with half tbsp cream and chopped coriander leaves.
22. Serve the paneer butter masala with hot chapathi, onion rings and lemon wedges. Drizzle little salt, black pepper powder and squeeze lemon juice on onion rings.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.