Basic vanilla cake(Eggless)
I’ve started baking very recently. I’ve been planning since years for baking. Finally the day has arrived. Couple friends of mine also requested to post baking recipes in Akshayakumbham. I’ve taken suggestions from my friends who bake cakes. Today I’m posting my first baking recipe – “Basic vanilla cake“. The vanilla cake is so simple and delicious. Vanilla cake is a perfect teatime snack. We can prepare this recipe for birthday parties, small kitty parties or any gathering. Here I present eggless basic vanilla cake to relish on any special occasion. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
All purpose flour/maida: 1 1/2 cups
Sugar: 3/4 cup or 1 cup powdered sugar
Butter: Half cup melted
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Baking soda: 1/2 tsp
Salt: A pinch
Yogurt/Curd: 4 tbsp
Water: Half cup
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
1. Take one and half cups of maida/all purpose flour. Sift maida, baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl. Mix them thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven at 180 degrees centigrade(C) for ten minutes. Meanwhile keep the necessary ingredients ready to bake the cake.
3. Grease the pan with butter or oil. We can also line the pan with butter paper and then grease the butter paper with oil or butter.
4. Take half cup of butter and just melt it. Now add powdered sugar to the melted butter. Mix thoroughly and keep aside.
5. Now in a cup take 4 tbsp of yogurt and whisk well. Add baking soda to the yogurt and mix vigorously till it becomes frothy.
6. Now add the frothy yogurt, half cup water and butter sugar powder mixture to the sieved flour. Also add vanilla essence into it. Quickly fold the mixture using a whisk to get lump free batter. The consistency of the batter should be like idly batter.
8. Immediately pour the batter into the greased pan and tap gently to release air bubbles.
9. Keep the pan in a preheated oven and bake the cake at 180 degrees centigrade(C) for 30-35 minutes or till the cake comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted.
10. Keep the pan on centre rack of the oven while baking. Heat both the elements while using an OTG. Oven to oven temperatures change, so follow your oven settings and proceed.
11. When the cake is baked completely, allow the cake to cool down completely for 8-10 minutes(Approximately). Keep the pan on wired rack to cool rapidly.
12. Invert the pan onto a plate and gently tap the mould and let the cake slid onto the plate.
13. Now the delicious basic vanilla cake is ready to serve. The cake can be served as plain. I’ve topped my cake with few gems and fruit jellies. Enjoy the vanilla cake along with tea or as a dessert.
1. The baking time and temperature depends on the type of oven. I’ve used an Indian OTG to bake the cake.
2. If the curd/yogurt is thick add little water and whisk it. I’ve added sour curd.
3. After adding curd mixture to the ingredients, gently fold the mixture to get best results. Do not over mix.
4. Pinch of salt enhances the taste of the cake.
5. I’ve used one cup of powdered sugar, instead you can use 3/4th cu of regular sugar. Icing can be done with powdered sugar too.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.