Rasam is never be bored. We have so many varieties of rasams. One such variety is mango rasam. Can’t wait to prepare fresh mango rasam this season. The rasam tastes awesome with hot steamed rice or it can be served as plain like an Indian soup too. Mango rasam is prepared with raw mango, grated coconut as main ingredients and tempered with tempering ingredients. Here I present a flavourful and tangy mango rasam to enjoy this season. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Raw mango: 1 no. Small
Grated fresh coconut: 1 tbsp
Rasam Powder: 2 tsp
(Please click on the recipe link for detailed recipe)
Garlic flakes: 3 nos.
Salt: As required
Curry leaves: A sprig
Coriander leaves: Few
Water: 2 cups
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Red chilli: 1 no.
Asafoetida: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take one small mango, rinse well with water. Peel the skin and roughly chop it.
2. Take a mixer grinder, put chopped mango, garlic flakes and grated coconut in it. Grind to a coarse paste and keep aside.
3. Heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard and cumin seeds.
4. When mustard splutter add broken red chilli and a pinch of asafoetida too.
5. Now add chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves too. Sauté for few seconds.
6. Now add ground raw mango, garlic flakes and grated coconut mixture into the tempering.
7. Mix thoroughly and sauté for two minutes or till the raw mango smell goes away.
8. Now add rasam powder and sauté for few seconds. If rasam powder is not readily available, you can crush the cumin and black pepper corns. Add this crushed powder instead of rasam powder.
9. Now add 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Add required amount of salt too.
10. When it starts boiling, allow to boil the rasam for two more minutes. Switch off the flame.
11. Transfer the rasam into a serving bowl and serve hot with steamed rice.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.