Let’s Start this summer with an awesome mocktail Virgin mojito. Virgin mojito is a nonalcoholic version of mojito(A classic Cuban drink). I’ve prepared virgin mojito with fresh mint leaves, lemon wedges, lemon juice, powdered sugar and club soda. Mint leaves muddled with lemon wedges. Powdered sugar or sugar syrup is mixed with muddled mint leaves and lemon wedges. Crushed ice or ice cubes are added. Required amount of club soda is added and garnished with mint leaves. Here I present classic virgin mojito to quench our thirst during summers. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Lemon: 1 no. Big
Mint leaves: Few or 2 tsp
Powdered sugar: 2 1/2-3 tsp
Ice cubes: 4/5 nos.
Club soda: 150 -200 ml
Method of preparation:
1. Take one lemon and cut into wedges. Take a sturdy glass, put fresh mint leaves and few lemon wedges.
3. Now add powdered sugar and lemon juice(Squeeze juice from remaining wedges). Mix well with a spoon.
4. Add crushed ice or 3/4 nos. of ice cubes.
5. Now pour chilled club soda and add few mint leaves too as a garnish.
6. Mix well and serve with straw.
7. Now the refreshing summer drink virgin mojito is ready to enjoy.
1. Sugar syrup can also be added. To prepare sugar syrup take 2 tsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of water in a vessel. Allow the sugar to melt and boil for one minute. Now the sugar syrup is ready to add. Half tsp of sugar is added to muddle the mint helps. Texture of Sugar helps to muddle the mint leaves. Later prepared sugar syrup is added instead of powdered sugar.
2. Crushed ice or ice cubes can be used. Quantities can be adjusted according to individual choice.
Please check out my other summer recipes.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.