Borugulu mixture is super easy evening snack liked by all age groups. We can prepare borugulu mixture in no time if all the ingredients are readily available. Borugulu/puffed rice is used as main ingredient along with peanuts, cashews and roasted Bengal gram. Borugulu mixture is seasoned with salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Here I present a very tasty evening snack borugulu mixture to relish any day. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Evening snacks
Cuisine: Andhra/Telangana, India
Borugulu/puffed rice: 100 gms(Approximately)
Peanuts: 1 tbsp
Roasted Bengal gram: 1 tbsp
Salt: As required
Red chilli powder: Half tsp
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Curry leaves: A sprig
Oil: 1 tsp
Asafoetida: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Heat big kadai pour one tsp of oil. Roast peanuts in oil for 3/4 minutes.
2. Now add roasted Bengal gram, curry leaves, cashews, required amount of salt, red chilli powder, turmeric and a pinch of Asafoetida into it. Mix all the ingredients and roast them all for one minute.
3. Switch off the flame and add 100 gms of borugulu into the roasted ingredients.
4. Mix thoroughly all the ingredients so that the spices mix well with the puffed rice.
5. Now the borugulu mixture is ready to serve. Enjoy the borugulu mixture as an evening snack along with a cup of tea/coffee.
Two tbsp of corn flakes mixture is added to the borugulu mixture to enhance the taste and flavour.
• Store the borugulu mixture in an airtight container. The shelf life of the borugulu mixture is one month.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.