Tutti fruitti cookies
Tutti fruitti cookies are perfect snacks for tea time. They taste amazing with a cup of hot cardamom tea. I’ve prepared tutti fruitti cookies with wheat flour. I’ve not added any baking powder or baking soda. Tutti fruitti cookies are made using wheat flour, soft butter and powdered sugar along with tutti fruitti, cranberries. Dough is prepared and cut into required size and shapes. They are baked at 180 degrees centigrade for 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven. Here I present tempting tutti fruitti cookies to relish any day. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Servings: 4-6(Yields 15-20 cookies)
Wheat flour: 120 gms or 1 cup(Heaped)
Powdered sugar: 50 gms or little less than half cup
Butter: 70 gms or Half cup
Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Pineapple essence: Half tsp
Milk: 2/3 tbsp.
Tutti fruitti: 1 1/2 tbsp
Dried cranberries: 1 tsp(Optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Measure 50 grams of powdered sugar in a cup. Transfer the powdered sugar in a bowl.
2. Measure 70 grams of butter in a cup and transfer it into the same bowl.
3. Mix thoroughly powdered sugar and soft butter using a wired whisk.
4. Mix continuously for 4-5 minutes or till the butter and powdered sugar turn into creamy texture.
5. Now add vanilla essence and pineapple essence too. Mix thoroughly for a minute and keep aside.
6. Measure 120 gms of wheat flour in a cup.
7. Sift the flour directly into the butter and sugar powder mixture.
8. Mix thoroughly and make a smooth dough. Add two/three tbsp of milk for proper binding.
9. Now using rolling pin, make the dough into thick sheet of 0.4-0.5 cm(Approximately).
10. Drizzle tutti fruitti and few dried cranberries onto the prepared sheet.
11. Slightly press them into the sheet using rolling pin.
12. Now using biscuit/cookie cutter, cut them into required shape.
13. After cutting dough into shapes, gather the remaining dough and roll into 0.5 cm thick sheet. Cut the dough into cookies shapes using cookie cutter again.
14. In a baking tray, put parchment paper and grease with butter. Arrange them onto a baking tray leaving some gap between them.
15. Meanwhile preheat the oven for 15 minutes. Keep the baking tray and bake the cookies in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or till they get nice golden colour.
16. Take baked cookies out of the oven and keep them on a wired rack. Allow the cookies to cool down completely.
17. Now the delicious tutti fruitti cookies are ready to serve.
18. Serve tutti fruitti cookies with a cup of hot tea and enjoy.
1. Tutti fruitti cookies can be prepared with maida flour too.
2. I’ve added tutti fruitti and few dried cranberries. Instead you can add broken cashews too.
3. Use soft butter. If chilled keep outside for 30 minutes and use it.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.