Nimma aakula majjiga/Lemon leaves buttermilk
Buttermilk which is prepared with lemon leaves is a perfect recipe for hot summer. We can prepare this recipe in no time and can be stored in refrigerator. The recipe tastes amazing when prepared with leftover curd. The recipe has lot of advantages. We are adding lemon leaves to the buttermilk for the intense and refreshing flavour. Lemon juice is also added to enhance the taste. Lemon leaves and lemon juice are having full of vitamin C and antioxidants. They help to prevent the body from dehydration especially during scorching hot summers. Here I present tasty lemon leaves buttermilk to quench our thirst. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Sunmer drinks
Cuisine: South Indian
Leftover curd: Half litre
Water: 1 1/2 litres
Salt: As required
Lemons: 2 nos. big
Lemon leaves: 4/5 nos.
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Green chili: 1 no. Small
Method of preparation:
1. Take Half litre of leftover curd in a vessel.
2. Churn the curd very well with a churner.
3. Finely chop small green chilli and crush the chopped pieces with backside of a spoon. Now add crushed green chilli, cumin powder and required amount of salt too. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add one and half litres of water to the curd mixture to make thin buttermilk. Churn the buttermilk continuously for two minutes.
5. Now crush the lemon leaves and add them to the buttermilk.
6. Add lemon juice also to the prepared buttermilk. Mix thoroughly.
7. Now the thirst-quenching buttermilk is ready to serve.
8. Serve the buttermilk into a serving glass and enjoy. The buttermilk can be refrigerated for 5-7 days.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.