Saggubiyyam vadiyalu is my all time favourite. They are very tasty with any liquid accompaniment or can be served as an evening snack for kids. Saggubiyyam vadiyalu are prepared in summer only with Saggubiyyam as main ingredient and prepared vadiyalu are used throughout the year anytime. Saggubiyyam is soaked overnight with just one cup of water. Next day morning Soaked Saggubiyyam is cooked in enough water. Green chillies are ground to a smooth paste. Green chilli paste, cumin seeds, asafoetida and required amount of salt are added. Mixed thoroughly and allowed to cool down. Lemon juice is added to this mixture and mixed well. Using a small ladle or spoon, the prepared Saggubiyyam mixture is poured onto the clean polythene sheet and dried completely for three days. The sundried vadiyalu are deep fried in oil and served with sambar, pindimirium or rasam. Here I present tasty Saggubiyyam vadiyalu to relish anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Saggubiyyam/Tapioca pearls: 200 gms. Or one cup(Approximately)
(I’ve used nylon Saggubiyyam variety)
Green chillies: 5 nos.
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Salt: As required
Milk: 150 ml
Water: 4 cups or 1 litre approximately
Lemon: 1 no.
Method of preparation:
1. I’ve used nylon Saggubiyyam(small variety) to prepare the vadiyalu/fryums.
2. Take 200 gms of small tapioca pearls/Saggubiyyam into a vessel. Just use half one cup of water to wet them and soak overnight. Next day morning take one litre of water and bring to boil. When water starts boiling add the wetted tapioca pearls into the boiling water. Boil them till they are completely done. Keep aside.
3. Grind five green chillies in a mixer grinder coarsely and add to the cooked Saggubiyyam. Also add asafoetida, required amount of salt and cumin seeds. Also add milk to the sago mixture. Mix thoroughly and allow the mixture to become warm. Now add lemon juice and mix well. Now the Saggubiyyam mixture is ready to prepare vadiyalu. The consistency of the mixture is like dosa batter when it becomes warm.
4. Now take a clean polythene sheet or washed cloth and spread on the floor.
5. Take a spoonful of Saggubiyyam mixture and pour onto the sheet. Likewise pour sago mixture leaving small gaps. Keep weights on the edges of the polythene sheet.
6. Allow to sun dry them for two days from 8am – 4pm.
7. After two days remove the dried Saggubiyyam vadiyalu onto a big plate and sun dry them for one more day.
8. Now the Saggubiyyam vadiyalu are ready to use. Store them in an airtight container and use whenever required. The shelf life of the Saggubiyyam vadiyalu is minimum one year if dried properly.
9. Deep fry required amount Of sago fryums in oil.
10. After frying transfer them onto a plate containing kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
11. Saggubiyyam vadiyalu are ready to serve. Store them in an airtight container.
12. Saggubiyyam vadiyalu can be served with sambar, rasam or any vegetable pindimirium. I personally prefer them to serve along with pindimirium. Both are amazing combination.
Please Check my pindimirium recipes.
There are so many varieties prepared with Saggubiyyam like Saggubiyyam payasam, Saggubiyyam pakodi, Saggubiyyam vadiyalu, Saggubiyyam Upma and many more.
Please check my other recipes with saggubiyyam.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.