This is super simple recipe with minimal ingredients. Already I’ve posted brinjal fry recipe with small variation. In my earlier brinjal fry I’ve prepared the fry using onion, coriander powder and besan flower. Also I’ve used small purple brinjals. In today’s recipe I’ve used long green brinjals. Garlic flakes, cumin powder and besan flour are added to enhance the flavour. Here I present tasty Vankaya vepudu to relish as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice with a dollop of ghee. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Brinjals: 350 gms.
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Garlic flakes: 4/5 nos.
Salt: As required
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Besan flour: 2 tsp
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Asafoetida: A pinch
Oil: 2 tbsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 5/6 nos. or 350 gms. of long green brinjals. Rinse them well with water.
2. Trim the edges and chop them into thin slices. Immerse them in salt and turmeric water till we use.
3. Heat kadai and pour oil. Add turmeric and required amount of salt too.
4. Now add chopped brinjal pieces and mix well.
5. Fry them on low flame stirring at regular intervals.
6. Once they become soft, add sliced garlic flakes, red chilli powder and one tsp of besan flour. Mix well and sauté for two minutes.
7. Now add remaining one tsp of besan flour to the fry so that it coats evenly to the brinjal pieces.
8. Mix thoroughly and sauté for two more minutes.
9. Switch off the flame and transfer the brinjal fry into a serving bowl. Now the brinjal fry is ready to serve as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice or sambar or rasam too.
Please check my other variation also.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.