Avise ginjala podi/Flaxseeds powder
Flaxseeds powder is prepared as an accompaniment to steamed rice. Flaxseeds are said to be power house of nutrients. Flaxseeds are good source of omega – 3 fatty acids for vegetarians. It also contains good amount of fiber which aids digestion and relieves constipation. Flaxseeds controls sugar levels in the blood. They are good for heart too. Apart from these there are many more health benefits of flaxseeds.
Flaxseeds are dry roasted. Bengal gram, Black gram, sesame seeds and red chillies are also dry roasted. Required amount of salt is added and ground to a semi coarse powder. Here I present flaxseeds powder to relish as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice.
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Flaxseeds: 100 gms.
Sesame seeds: 2 tbsp
Bengal gram: 2 tbsp
Black gram: 1 1/2 tbsp
Red chillies: 10 – 15 nos.(Adjust the quantity according to your spice level)
Salt: As required
Method of preparation:
1. Take 100 gms of flaxseeds/Avise ginjalu.
2. Heat kadai and dry roast flaxseeds till crackling sound comes.
3. Transfer the roasted flaxseeds onto a plate.
4. In the same kadai, take 2 tbsp of sesame seeds and dry roast them.
5. After roasting transfer the sesame seeds also onto a plate.
6. Now put Bengal gram and black gram. Roast them too till they change into light brown colour.
7. Add red chillies also and roast for a minute.
8. Transfer the roasted ingredients onto a plate. Allow them to completely cool down to normal temperature.
9. Transfer the roasted and cooled ingredients into a mixer grinder. Also add required amount of salt.
10. Grind them to a semi coarse powder.
11. Transfer the flaxseeds powder into an airtight container. Serve flaxseeds powder with hot steamed rice and a dollop of ghee.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.