Babycorn n cauliflower Manchurian
This is an amazing evening snack to treat our loved ones. I’ve prepared the recipe using baby corn and cauliflower too. Chopped baby corn and cauliflower florets are coated with corn flour, maida and spices. They are deep fried in vegetable oil. Fried cauliflower florets and baby corn are tossed in soya sauce along with chopped ginger and garlic. Here I present babycorn n cauliflower manchurian which can be served along with onion cream salad. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Starter/evening snacks
Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Baby corn: 10 nos.
Cauliflower: 1 no. Small or one cup florets
Spring onions: Few or one small bunch
Salt: As required
Black pepper powder: One tsp
Soy sauce: One tbsp
Ginger: One inch piece
Garlic flakes: 4/5 nos.
Maida/all purpose flour: 4 tbsp
Corn flour: 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Vegetable oil: Required amount for deep frying.
Onion: 1 no.
Fresh cream: 1 tbsp
Salt: As required
Pepper powder: Half tsp
Red chilli powder: Half tsp
Coriander leaves: Few
Method of preparation:
- Now take enough water and blanch the cauliflower florets in hot water for four minutes. Later keep them in cold water and drain completely.
- Now take baby corn , rinse well and chop into bite sized pieces. Rinse spring onions and chop into small pieces. Keep them ready.
- Take a broad vessel, put maida, corn flour, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and required amount of salt too. Mix well.
- Now add blanched cauliflower florets and baby corn pieces. Wet your hands and mix thoroughly to coat well.
- Heat kadai and pour oil for deep frying.
- Now put cauliflower florets and baby corn pieces into oil.
- Deep fry them on medium to high flame till they are done completely.
- Transfer them onto a plate containing kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Likewise fry the remaining baby corn and cauliflower florets in batches and transfer them onto a plate.
- Heat a pan and pour little oil. Add chopped ginger and garlic pieces. Sauté for a minute.
- Now add chopped spring onion whites and greens too. Keep some for garnishing.
- Sauté well and add soya sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add fried baby corn and cauliflower florets. Also add pepper powder and mix well. Toss them for two minutes.
- Now the baby corn n cauliflower manchurian is ready to serve. Transfer the baby corn n cauliflower manchurian onto a Serving plate. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve with onion salad.
Onion salad preparation:
Take a small bowl and add one tbsp of fresh cream. Put salt, pepper powder and red chilli powder. Mix thoroughly. Now add chopped onion pieces. Mix thoroughly. Now the onion salad with cream dressing is ready.
- I’ve not added tomato ketchup, if you prefer you can add that too. After adding soya sauce, you can also add corn flour water mixture for a glossy texture.
- In the above recipe I’ve used the combo of baby corn and cauliflower florets, instead you can prepare either gobi/cauliflower manchurian or baby corn manchurian separately.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.