Carrot stir fry
Carrot stir fry is a simple and easy recipe which can be prepared by anyone in no time. Carrots are chopped into tiny pieces and one tbsp of toor dal is added. Chopped carrots + toor dal are steamed in a pressure cooker along with rice to save energy and gas. Tempering is done with tempering ingredients. Steamed carrot pieces are sautéed in tempering adding required amount of salt and curry powder too to enhance the taste. Here I present delicious carrot stir fry to relish any day. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish/accompaniments
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Carrots: 300 gms
Toor dal/pigeon peas: 1 tbsp
Salt: As required
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Curry powder: 1 or 2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Bengal gram: 1 tsp
Black gram: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Red chillies: 2 nos.
Asafoetida: A pinch
Method of preparation:
- Take 300 gms. Of carrots, rinse well with water. Trim the edges and Peel the skin. Chop them into tiny pieces.
- Now take pressure cooker, transfers the chopped carrots onto a plate and add spread toor dal onto them. Steam them for 5/6 whistles and switch off the flame.
- Allow the pressure to settle completely. Open the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard, Bengal gram, split black gram with husk and cumin seeds. When mustard splutter add a pinch of asafoetida and broken red chillies.
- Now add steamed carrots with toor dal and curry leaves too.
- Now add required amount of salt and turmeric. Mix thoroughly and sauté for two minutes.
- Now sprinkle one tsp of curry powder into it. Mix thoroughly.
- Now the tasty carrot stir fry is ready to serve. Serve carrot stir fry with hot steamed rice and any vegetable sambar.
I’ve prepared beetroot stir fry/beetroot poriyal similarly with one beetroot. I’ve also added one tbsp of grated fresh coconut along with tempering. Remaining procedure is same as above.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.