Rava payasam is a delicious recipe which can be prepared anytime. Bombay rava is used to prepare the payasam. Bombay rava is roasted in few drops of ghee. Roasted rava is cooked in milk till it’s completely cooked. Crushed cardamom powder and few drops of rose essence are added to enhance the flavour. Dryfruits are roasted in ghee. Sugar and roasted dryfruits are added to the payasam. Here I present delectable dessert rava payasam to relish during special occasions. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Bombay rava: 3/4 th cup small
Sugar: 1 1/2 cups
Milk: 750 ml
Cardamom pods: 5/6 nos.
Rose essence: Few drops
Ghee: 2 tsp
Almonds, cashews n raisins: Few
Saffron strands: For garnishing.
Method of preparation:
- Take 3/4 th cup(small) of Bombay rava.
- Heat kadai, drizzle little ghee and pour Bombay rava into it.
- Roast rava till nice aroma comes.
- Boil 750 ml of milk in heavy bottomed vessel.
- Now slowly add roasted Bombay rava and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Cook on slow flame till it’s completely done.
- Add crushed cardamom powder and rose essence too. Mix thoroughly and boil furthermore for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add sugar into it. Stir continuously till sugar dissolves completely.
- Heat small kadai and pour two tsp of ghee into it. Add few dryfruits and roast them.
- Add the roasted dryfruits and mix well.
- Transfer the rava payasam into a Serving bowl and garnish with few saffron strands. Now the yummy rava payasam is ready to serve and enjoy.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.
Please follow akshayakumbham @ Instagram also!