Paneer paratha – Protein packed recipe from Punjabi Cuisine which can be served anytime of the day. This is one of the best recipes for kids lunch box also. I’ve prepared the paneer paratha in a simple way so that anyone can make it without much effort. I’ve used freshly prepared homemade paneer. Dough is prepared with wheat flour. Spices are mixed with paneer and used to stuff the paratha. The parathas are roasted using neutral oil and served with curd and pickle. Here I present delicious paneer paratha to relish anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: Punjabi, India
Servings: 4(Yields 10 parathas Approximately)
Ingredients for dough:
Wheat flour: 2 cups
Salt: A pinch
Oil: 2 tsp
Water: As required or two third cup of water
Paneer: 150 gms or one cup(Crumbled paneer)
Kasuri methi: One tsp
Coriander leaves: Few
Fresh mint leaves: Few
Cumin powder: One tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala: One tsp
Salt: As required
Oil/Ghee: For roasting parathas
Method of preparation:
- Take two cups of wheat flour, add salt and oil. Slowly add required amount of water and mix well to get smooth dough. Cover with lid and rest it for one hour.
- Take 150 gms or one cup of crumbled paneer.
- Add the ingredients mentioned above to the paneer for stuffing.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and keep aside.
- Now knead the dough once again after resting period. Make the dough into medium sized balls.
- Dust the ball using flour and roll it using rolling pin into small disc. Now take one tbsp of paneer stuffing and place it onto the rolled dough.
- Make pleats uniformly and close the dough.
- Dust again with little flour and roll the stuffed paratha carefully into medium circular disc.
- Now heat tawa and drizzle little oil and place the stuffed paratha.
- Roast the paratha on both sides till they are completely done and transfer onto a plate.
- Likewise roast all the required number of parathas.
- Now the delicious and hot paneer parathas are ready to serve. Serve them dolloped with butter, any pickle and curd(Seasoned with salt n red chilli powder).
If you find difficulty in rolling parathas, make two thin rotis of equal size. Now spread the paneer stuffing onto one roti and cover with the other roti. Now gently press the edges to stick with each other and carefully roll once to get paratha and roast it using ghee/oil on both sides.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.
Please follow akshayakumbham @ Instagram also!