Bachali kura Pappu
Bachali kura pappu is one of the healthiest recipes prepared with bachali kura/Malabar spinach leaves. I’ve used yellow gram to prepare the recipe. This is so simple and easy recipe. Chopped Malabar spinach leaves and yellow gram are cooked together with required number of green chillies. Salt, turmeric are added and tempering is done with tempering ingredients. Here I present wholesome recipe bachali kura pappu which can be served with hot steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Yellow gram/moong dal: 3/4 th cup or two fistfuls
Malabar spinach leaves: 3 bunches medium
Green chillies: 2 nos.
Salt: As required
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Water: 3 cups or little more
Oil: One tbsp
Mustard seeds: 3/4 th tsp
Cumin seeds: 3/4 th tsp
Asafoetida: A pinch
Red chilli: 1 no.
Method of preparation:
- Take 3 bunches of Malabar spinach leaves, separate the leaves from stems. Rinse well with water twice and roughly chop them.
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel and pour moong dal into it. Rinse once with water.
- Now add three cups of water and chopped Malabar spinach leaves. Also add chopped green chillies into it.
- Cook them on low flame.
- When it starts boiling, add turmeric into it and mix well.
- When it’s almost done add required amount of salt and mix thoroughly. Continue to cook for three more minutes.
- Heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When mustard splutter add a pinch of asafoetida and broken red chilli.
- Switch off the flame and pour the tempering onto the dal.
- Mix thoroughly and switch off the flame of the dal.
- Now the Malabar spinach leaves lentils/dal is ready to serve hot. Transfer the dal into a Serving bowl and enjoy with hot steamed rice.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.