Beetroot poriyal is very quick and easy recipe. The recipe can be prepared in a jiffy. This recipe is very handy for bachelors and working women too. I’ve grated the beetroot to prepare beetroot poriyal. The grated beetroot is sautéed in tempering and grated fresh coconut is added. The beetroot poriyal can be served along with any dal or chutney. This goes well with hot steamed rice or roti. Here I present healthy and colourful beetroot poriyal which can be served anytime. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: South Indian
Beetroot: 1 no. Large or 2 small nos.
Grated fresh coconut: 1 tbsp
Salt: As required
Koora Podi (Curry Powder) or Andhra Curry Powder: 1 1/2 tsp(Optional).
(Please click on the recipe for detailed recipe)
Oil: 1 tbsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Red chillies: 2 nos.
Hing: A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Take one large beetroot, rinse thoroughly with water. Peel the skin and grate the beetroot using a grater. Keep aside.
2. Heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Add chana dal, Urad dal, mustard and cumin seeds. When mustard splutter add a pinch of hing and broken red chillies into it.
3. Now add grated beetroot and mix thoroughly. Sauté the beetroot on low flame for 7/8 minutes stirring at regular intervals. Add required amount of salt.
4. Now add curry powder and mix well. Addition of curry powder is individual choice, without curry powder also poriyal tastes amazing.
5. Now add grated fresh coconut and mix thoroughly. Sauté for one more minute and switch off the flame.
6. Now the delicious beetroot poriyal is ready and transfer the poriyal into a serving bowl.
7. Serve the beetroot poriyal with hot steamed rice, vegetable dal and pickle.