Bendakaya pachadi/Ladyfinger chutney
Bendakaya pachadi is a super recipe from Andhra cuisine. Bendakaya pachadi is prepared with simple ingredients. Chopped fresh bendakaya is sautéed, ground with roasted black gram, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds and green chillies. Soaked tamarind is added while grinding. Tempering is done for ground bendakaya pachadi. Here I present very delicious bendakaya pachadi which is served as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Bendakaya/Ladyfinger: 300 gms.
Oil: 2 tsp
Split black gram with husk: 1 tsp
Coriander seeds: 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: 1/4 th tsp
Green chillies: 6 nos.
Tamarind: Small lemon sized
Salt: As required
Sesame Oil: 1 tbsp
Bengal gram: 1 tsp
Split Black gram: 1 tsp
Mustard: Half tsp
Cumin: Half tsp
Curry Leaves: A sprig
Red chillies: 2 nos.
Asafoetida: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take 300 gms of ladyfinger, rinse well with water and keep aside to drain water completely.
2. Chop the ladyfinger into one inch pieces.
3. Heat kadai pour little oil. Put split black gram with husk, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds. When they slightly change colour, slit the green chillies and add them too. Fry for a minute and transfer the roasted ingredients onto a plate.
4. In the same kadai pour two tsp of oil and add chopped ladyfinger pieces.
5. Sauté them on low flame stirring at regular intervals.
6. Sauté them till they are cooked completely.
7. Switch off the flame and allow to cool down completely.
8. Meanwhile soak tamarind in water for 15 minutes.
9. Take a mixer grinder, first put the roasted ingredients and grind to a coarse powder. Add required amount of salt too.
10. Now add soaked tamarind and grind to a coarse mixture.
11. Now add sauteed ladyfinger pieces into it.
12. Use pulse button only once to get coarse texture, otherwise the chutney turns into gooey texture.
13. Now heat kadai, pour oil for tempering. Add Bengal gram, split black gram, mustard and cumin seeds.
14. When mustard splutter add a pinch of asafoetida, curry leaves and broken red chillies. Switch off the flame.
15. Transfer the groud pachadi into a kadai. Now pour the tempering onto the pachadi and mix well.
16. Now heat kadai and sauté the pachadi with tempering for one minute and switch off the flame.
17. Transfer the pachadi onto a serving bowl and serve with hot steamed rice.