Arati duta perugu pachadi
This is one of the healthiest recipes from Andhra Cuisine. Arati duta perugu pachadi is prepared with banana stem. It has enormous health benefits. It’s full of dietary fibre so good for digestion. It is a natural medicine for kidney stones as well as it is used for detoxification. It also contains iron which is used to treat anemia. Arati duta is chopped into tiny pieces removing fibrous material. Chopped pieces are sautéed in tempering. Mustard with green chilli paste and sautéed banana stem pieces are added to the beaten curd. Here I present a tasty and healthy arati duta perugu pachadi is ready to serve as an accompaniment to steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Curd Chutneys/Accompaniments
Servings: 4 – 6
Banana stem: Small piece
Curd: 500 ml
Salt: As required
Mustard seeds: One tsp
Green chilli: One no.
Salt: As required
Coriander Leaves: Few
Curry leaves: A sprig
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Red chilli: One no.
Asafoetida: A pinch
Turmeric: Generous pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Take small banana stem. Trim the edges and Remove the outer layer.
2. Chop the banana stem into circles. Pull and Remove the fibre using index fingers for each circular disc.
3. Now chop the circular stems into tiny pieces. Immerse them in water immediately till we use, otherwise they change colour.
4. Heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
5. When mustard splutter add a pinch of asafoetida and broken red chilli.
6. Now add chopped banana stem pieces into the tempering and mix well.
7. Add turmeric And sauté the banana stem pieces on low flame.
8. Continue to sauté on low flame for five minutes or till the raw smell goes away.
9. Add curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
10. Mix thoroughly and switch off the flame. Allow it to completely cool down to normal temperature.
11. Meanwhile take half litre of curd in a vessel. You can use either left over curd or fresh curd too. But I always prefer to use left over curd.
12. Whisk the curd using a wired whisk and keep aside.
13. Take a mixer grinder and put mustard seeds and required amount of salt too. Grind them to a fine powder.
14. Now add one or two green chillies depending on your spice preference. Grind once again to get desired texture.
15. Now add sautéed banana stem pieces and mustard green chilli paste into the beaten curd.
16. Mix thoroughly and keep aside for two hours or minimum one hour so that the banana stem pieces absorb the mustard flavour.
17. Now the authentic arati duta pachadi is ready to serve with steamed rice. You can refrigerate and use it for two days.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.