Ladyfinger rice is favourite for all of us. This is very tasty and a perfect lunch box recipe for school going children and working people too. Ladyfinger rice can be prepared either with leftover rice or freshly cooked rice. Here I present ladyfinger rice to relish. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Ladyfinger: 150 grams.
Rice: 1 1/2 cups
Tamarind: Big lemon size
Sambar powder: 2 tsp
Salt: As required
Onion: 1 no.
Tomato: 1 no.
Curry leaves: A sprig
Coriander leaves: Few
Green chillies: 2 nos.
Red chillies: 1/2 nos.
Hing: A pinch.
Oil: 3 tbsp
Bengal gram: 1 1/2 tsp
Black gram: 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Peanuts: 1 tbsp
Cashews: 10 nos.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 150 gms of ladyfingers and rinse them well. Keep aside for few minutes.
2. Cut the edges and Chop the lady fingers into small pieces.
3. Now heat kadai and pour oil for tempering.
4. Put peanuts, Bengal gram, black gram and mustard seeds.
5. When mustard splutter add cashews and a pinch of hing into it. Slit the green chillies and add them too. Also add broken red chilli into it.
6. Fry them for a minute and add a pinch of asafoetida into it.
7. Now add chopped ladyfinger pieces into the tempering.
8. Mix well and sauté them on low flame.
9. When they are 3/4 th cooked, add chopped tomato and onion pieces. Add curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves too.
10. Mix thoroughly and sauté them on low flame.
11. Soak tamarind for 15 minutes.
12. Extract the tamarind water and add that to the sautéed mixture.
13. Now add sambar powder and mix thoroughly.
14. Allow the tamarind water to evaporate completely.
15. Meanwhile cook 1 1/2 cups of rice with 4 cups of water(Approximately) in a pressure cooker. Allow the pressure to settle on its own.
16. Add the cooked rice to the sautéed ladyfinger mixture and mix thoroughly.
17. Now the delicious ladyfinger rice is ready to serve. Transfer the rice onto a serving plate and enjoy the flavours.
18. The ladyfinger rice can be packed for lunch box too.