Carrot roti is an amazing healthy recipe which can be served for brunch or dinner too. Carrot roti is prepared with wheat flour, grated carrot and seasoned with salt, kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves). Carrot roti is served with cucumber raita to be more flavourful. Here I present colourful carrot roti along with cucumber raita as an accompaniment. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: North Indian
Wheat flour: 1 1/2 cups
Salt: Half teaspoon
Kasuri methi: 1 teaspoon
Melted ghee/oil: 1 tablespoon
Carrot : 1 no. Big.
Water: As required
Ghee/oil: For roasting rotis.
Method of preparation:
1. Take one big carrot and peel the skin. Cut the edges on both sides and rinse the carrot with water. Now grate the carrot using a grater. Keep aside.
2. Now take one and half cups of wheat flour in a broad vessel so that mixing is easy.
3. Add grated carrot, kasuri methi, one tbsp of oil and required amount of salt too.
4. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly before adding water.
5. Add required amount of water(Approximately half cup) and knead the dough.
6. Knead the dough continuously till it becomes soft. If required add little amount of water to get the dough consistency.
7. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
8. Now make medium size balls for rolling rotis. The size depends on the individual choice.
9. Dust the wheat flour to roll rotis. Roll the carrot rotis using a rolling pin to get medium sized rotis.
10. Likewise roll all the rotis using a rolling pin.
11. Heat a tawa, put the rolled disc/roti and drizzle ghee/oil to roast the carrot roti.
12. Drizzle ghee/oil if required and Roast the carrot roti on both sides. Likewise roast all the rotis.
13. Transfer the carrot rotis onto a serving plate and serve hot with cucumber raita.
I’ve added grated carrot to prepare the rotis, instead you can mix finely chopped capsicum, onion and garlic too.