Cauliflower stir fry
Cauliflower is a winter vegetable. Cauliflowers are abundant in winters. We can prepare so many dishes with cauliflower like cauliflower avakaya/pickle, mix veggie kurma with cauliflower, cauliflower fry, cauliflower stir fry and many more. I’ve posted Cauliflower pickle (avakaya) in my earlier recipes. Enjoy this season with tasty cauliflower stir fry. This is very simple to prepare and tastes amazing. Cauliflower stir fry is prepared with minimal ingredients. Here I present cauliflower stir fry to enjoy any day. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cauliflowers: 2 nos. (Medium size)
Oil: 3 tbsp
Salt: As required
Red chilli powder: 1 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves: A sprig
Asafoetida: A pinch
Turmeric: Generous pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 2 medium sized fresh cauliflowers.
2. Remove the leaves and cut the long stem. Separate flowers from the remaining stem. Chop the big florets into bite size pieces or can make into small size florets with hand.
3. Rinse them well with water and keep them in a big bowl.
4. Now take enough water to immerse the florets.
5. Boil the water and switch off the flame.
6. Transfer the cauliflower florets into boiled water. Keep them in water for 10-15 minutes.
7. Now drain the water using colander and keep the florets aside.
8. Now heat kadai, pour oil. Add cumin seeds and a pinch of asafoetida into it.
9. Now add the small florets into the tempering. Mix thoroughly.
10. Stir fry the florets on low flame for 10 minutes stirring at regular intervals. Add required amount of salt too.
11. After 10 minutes add a pinch of turmeric and few curry leaves. Mix well.
12. Keep the lid for 2 minutes and allow to cook on low flame.
13. Now open the lid and mix once again. Now add red chilli powder and cumin powder. Mix thoroughly.
14. Stir fry for a minute and switch off the flame.
15. Now the cauliflower stir fry is ready to serve and transfer the stir fry into a serving bowl.
16. Serve cauliflower stir fry with hot steamed rice. The stir fry can be served with rasam or sambar too.
There is a small variation to cauliflower stir fry. In the above recipe I’ve added red chilli powder, instead of that you can use crushed black peppercorns. Remaining procedure is the same. This can be served as a salad.