Chintha chiguru pachadi
Chintha Chiguru pachadi/Tender tamarind leaves chutney is another variation with chintha chiguru. I’ve posted already Chintha Chiguru Pappu/Tender Tamarind Leaves Lentils recipe(Click on the recipe link for detailed recipe) with chintha chiguru. Both are amazing recipes with hot steamed rice. Chintha chiguru pachadi is prepared like any other pachadi. The pachadi tastes amazing especially when prepared using stone mortar pestle. The freshness remains the same and attains perfect texture to the pachadi. Bengal gram, black gram, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and red chillies are roasted. Chintha chiguru is sautéed in little oil. Roasted ingredients are crushed into coarse powder along with required amount of salt and turmeric. Sautéed chintha chiguru is added with ground powder to get coarse texture. Tempering is done with tempering ingredients. Here I present tasty chintha chiguru pachadi which is served as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice and a dollop of ghee. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Tender tamarind leaves/Chintha chiguru: 100 grams or 1 cup
Bengal gram: 1 tsp
Split Black gram with husk or black gram: 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds: 2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: Few
Cumin seeds: Half tsp
Red chillies: 5/6 nos.
Oil: 1 tbsp
Salt: As required
Turmeric: Generous pinch.
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: Half tsp
Split black gram with husk: Half tsp
Asafoetida: A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Take 100 gms of chintha chiguru. Separate leaves from stems.
2. Rinse well with water and keep aside.
3. Heat kadai and pour half tbsp of oil. Put Bengal gram, split black gram with husk, coriander seeds, cumin and fenugreek seeds. Roast them till they change into light brown colour.
4. Now add red chillies and roast for few seconds.
5. Transfer the roasted ingredients onto a plate.
6. In the same kadai pour half tbsp of oil and add chintha chiguru.
7. Sauté chintha chiguru on low flame till raw smell goes away. It takes less than five minutes.
8. Switch off the flame and continue to stir for one more minute. Allow it to completely cool down.
9. Now take a clean mortar pestle(I’ve used marble mortar pestle), put the roasted ingredients into it. Also add required amount of salt and turmeric into it.
10. Crush them to get coarse mixture. Mix once using a spoon and crush them again.
11. Now add sautéed chintha chiguru into it.
12. Crush them again so that all the ingredients mix well(You can also use mixer grinder, but use only pulse button after adding chintha chiguru).
13. Mix well with a spoon and crush to get uniform texture. Do not add any water. Keep aside.
14. Now heat small kadai and pour oil for tempering. Put mustard and split black gram with husk. When mustard splutter add a pinch of asafoetida into it and switch off the flame.
15. Now transfer the crushed chintha chiguru mixture back into the same kadai and pour the tempering.
16. Heat chintha chiguru mixture with tempering and fry for a minute. This gives very nice taste to the pachadi. Switch off the flame.
17. Now the tasty chintha chiguru pachadi is ready to serve. Transfer the pachadi into a serving bowl.
18. Serve chintha chiguru pachadi with hot steamed rice along with any stir fry/poriyal.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.