Corn patties/Corn cutlets
Corn patties are another amazing monsoon snacks.They are very delicious and nutritious. Corn patties are made using potato and corn kernels as main ingredients. The addition of spices completely depends on individual choice and availability. Potatoes are boiled and mashed. Boiled corn is ground and mixed with mashed potatoes. For binding the patties, corn flour is used. I’ve added crushed almonds for additional nutrition. The patties are shallow fried and served hot. Here I present easy, plain and yummy evening snacks for the kids. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Potatoes: 2 nos.
Corn kernels: 1 cup
Cumin powder: 1 tsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Corn flour: 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Salt: As required
Coriander leaves: Few
Oil/ghee: 1 tbsp(For shallow frying)
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse the potatoes. Dice them into cubes. Boil them with water in a vessel. Peel the skin of potatoes.
2. Take one cup of fresh/frozen corn kernels. Pressure cook them for 3 whistles adding one cup of water.
3. Strain the water using colander.
4. Take a bowl, put boiled potato and mash well using potato masher or hand.
5. Take half cup of boiled corn. Grind them into a coarser paste using mixer grinder. Remaining half add to the mashed potato.
6. Now add ground corn kernels, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and required amount of salt too. Add few chopped coriander leaves.
7. Mix thoroughly and add crushed almonds.
8. Mix well all the ingredients and make into patties.
9. Heat tawa and do the seasoning with oil/ghee.
10. Shallow fry the patties on both sides.
11. Once they are done transfer them onto a plate and serve hot with tomato sauce.