Mulakkada varipindi koora is an authentic dish from Andhra Pradesh. This is one of the easiest recipes and a preferred dish for guests and festivals.
Drumsticks : 6
Raw rice : 1 cup
Grated Fresh coconut : 1 1/2 cup
Green chillies : 5-6
Chopped coriander: A handful
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Jeera: 1 tsp
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
A twig of curry leaves.
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the raw rice for approximately 1.5 hr
- Grind soaked rice and coconut along with green chillies to a smooth paste like dosa batter consistency.
- Transfer this paste to a bowl.
- Clean and wash drumsticks, cut into 2 inch size pieces.
- Cook them in a pan ill they become soft with water just enough to soak drumstick pieces,
- Place a kadai (heavy bottomed pan) on a stove and add 2tbsp oil.
- Add urad dal, chana dal, mustard and jeera.
- Once mustard splutters add pinch of hing and curry leaves .
- Now add cooked drumsticks and rice & coconut ground batter .
- Keep stirring the curry till oil separates from the pan .
- Transfer it into a bowl and garnish with coriander
It’s ready to be served with rice or roti.
Tip: Water in soaked rice and fresh coconut is enough to get dosa consistency batter but if required, add little water.