This is another variety with gongura leaves/red sorrel leaves. This is also spicy, tangy with flavours of gongura, onion and garlic. I’ve prepared the recipe with red stem gongura leaves. But if you are using red variety more number of chillies need to be used comparatively. Here I present gongura pulla kura which is spicy, tangy and can be served with hot steamed rice along with a tsp of gingelly oil. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Gongura leaves: 2 medium bunches
Red chillies: 5/6 nos.
Green chillies: 6/7 nos.
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp.
Mustard: 1 tsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Garlic flakes: 10 nos.
Onion: 1 no.
Salt: As required
Hing: A pinch
Turmeric: A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Pluck the leaves from stems and Rinse thoroughly the Gongura leaves and keep aside to drain the excess water. No need to dry them.
2. Now heat kadai, pour oil. Put mustard seeds and cumin. When mustard seeds splutter add garlic flakes and a pinch of hing into it. Fry for a minute.
3. Now add broken red chillies and chopped onion into it.
4. Mix well, add a pinch of turmeric and salt.
5. Fry the onions till they turn into translucent.
6. Slit the green chillies into small pieces and add them to the onions. Fry them for a minute.
7. Now add Gongura leaves and fry them on low flame stirring at frequent intervals.
8. Fry them till it’s completely done and oil oozes out of the mixture. Add required amount of salt.
9. Transfer the curry onto a serving bowl. Now the spicy and flavoured Gongura Pulla kura is ready to serve hot with steamed rice.