Apple Kesari is an exotic dessert, specially liked by kids. Its very easy to prepare and tastes yummy when served hot. The only caveat is in the way this has to be prepared rather just ingredients and method. Enjoy cooking, serving and relishing this recipe.
Sooji (Bombay Rava): 1 cup
Sugar : 1 cup
Grated Apple: 1 cup (The choice of apple is the key to this recipe. Apple should be sweet and pulpy. It should not be sour and hard)
Saffron: 3- 4 strands
Ghee :1 1/2 tbsp
Cashews: 1 tbsp (Split Cashews)
Raisins 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Place Kadai on stove and add 1 tsp Ghee.
- Add sooji and fry for approximately 5 min or till a nice aroma comes
- Move fried sooji this to a flat plate.(Spreading on flat plate is to remove any moisture that remains in Sooji)
- Add 2tsp Ghee to same kadai and dd cashews
- When cashews turn slightly brown, add raisins
- When raisins are just about to bloat, take them out to a plate
- In the same kadai, add one cup sugar, 3.5 cups of water, saffron and grated apple.Bring it to boil until Sugar dissolves.
- Now, lower the flame and slowly pour roasted sooji and stir continuously without forming any lumps (stir for 2-3 minutes)
- Cover the kadai with a lid and cook for 5 min on low flame till the water evaporates.
- Pour rest of the ghee into this mixture and turn off the stove.
- Transfer this to a bowl and garnish with already fried cashews and raisins
Tips: you can also use cardamom powder or rose water to enhance the flavor of this recipe.If using this, it should be added when water is boiling.