Mamidi pandu pulusu
Mamidi pandu pulusu is an another summer recipe prepared with semi ripen mango. The pulusu tastes absolutely delicious with steamed rice and melted ghee. Mango is peeled and chopped roughly into bite size pieces. Mango pieces are sautéed in tempering. Tamarind extract is added along with water and besan flour. The mixture is boiled for five minutes to get good consistency. Here I present sweet n tangy mamidi pandu pulusu to relish this summer. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Cuisine: Andhra, India
Semi ripe mango: 1 no. Medium
Tamarind: Lemon sized
Water: 2 cups
Salt: As required
Sambar powder: 2 tsp
Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
Besan flour: 1 tsp
Jaggery powder: 1 tsp(Optional)
Curry leaves: A sprig
Coriander leaves: Few
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds: Few
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Asafoetida: A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Take one semi ripen mango and rinse well with water. Peel the skin of it and roughly chop the mango into bite size pieces. Keep aside.
2. Soak tamarind in enough water for 15-20 minutes.
3. Now heat kadai and pour oil for tempering. Add mustard, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. When mustard splutter add a pinch of Asafoetida into it. Now add chopped mango pieces too. Mix thoroughly.
4. Sauté the mango pieces till the raw smell goes away. Add two cups of water and bring it to boil. Also add curry leaves.
5. Extract tamarind water from soaked tamarind and add this water to the boiling mixture. Add sambar powder, required amount of salt and red chilli powder. Also add jaggery powder to the mixture. Bring it to boil once again.
6. Take two tsp of besan flour in a cup and add two tbsp of water to make a smooth paste. Add this to the boiling mixture and boil furthermore for 3/4 minutes.
7. Switch off the flame and transfer the mamidikaya pulusu into a serving bowl.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves. Now the delicious mamidi pandu pulusu is ready to serve as an accompaniment to hot steamed rice.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.