Mango ginger pickle
Mango ginger pickle requires no cooking and can be prepared in a jiffy. According to Ayurveda mango ginger has got lot of health benefits. Mango ginger aids digestion. It is effectively used for skin diseases , cold, cough and many more. Mango ginger has the appearance of regular ginger with raw mango flavour. It’s very tasty and the rhizomes are used for pickles,chutneys. Using mango ginger I have prepared instant pickle which can be eaten with curd rice or hot steamed rice as an accompaniment. Here I present spicy, tangy, mango flavored mango ginger instant pickle to relish with hot steamed rice. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Mango ginger: 100 gms
Lemon: 1 big no.
Green chilli: 1 no.
Salt: As required
Red chilli powder: 2 tsp
Oil: 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch.
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse the mango ginger thoroughly.
2. Peel the skin of the mango ginger and chop them into fine pieces.
3. Chop the green chilli also into tiny pieces.
4. Take a bowl put chopped mango ginger pieces.
5. Then add green chilli, turmeric and required amount of salt into it. Add only half teaspoon of chilli powder if you are making for kids.Mix thoroughly.
6. Now add the tempering with mustard seeds, cumin seeds n hing too. Add lemon juice and Mix well.
7. Take separately small amount in a cup for kids.
8. Now add 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder to the remaining pachadi and mix thoroughly.
9. Now the instant mango ginger pickle is ready to serve with hot steamed rice/curd rice.