Mix vegetable sauce
Mix vegetable sauce is a perfect accompaniment to veg fried rice or veg Hakka noodles. I’ve prepared this recipe with readily available veggies at home. I’ve used baby corn, cabbage, capsicum, carrot and spring onions. Chopped veggies are sautéed in oil adding a pinch of salt and black pepper powder. Soya sauce and chilli tomato sauce are added to enhance the taste and flavor. Corn starch is added to get the right consistency for the sauce. Here I present flavourful and tasty mix vegetable sauce is ready to serve as an accompaniment to veg fried rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Course: Side dish
Ginger: 1 inch piece
Garlic flakes: 3/4 nos.
Baby corn: 3/4 nos.
Green capsicum: 1 no. Small
Spring onions: Few
Cabbage: Small piece
Carrot: 1 no. Small
Corn flour: 1 tbsp
Soya sauce: 2 tbsp
Chilli tomato sauce: 1 tbsp
Salt: Two pinches or as required
Water: 2 cups or 500 ml approximately
Green chillies: 1 no.
Oil: 1 tbsp
Black pepper powder: Half-1 tsp.
Method of preparation:
1. Rinse well all the veggies and chop them into thin strips.
2. Heat kadai and pour two tbsp of oil.
3. Add chopped ginger and garlic pieces into it.
4. Sauté them for few seconds and add chopped spring onion whites. Sauté them too for few seconds.
5. Now add chopped vegetables and sauté them keeping on medium to high flame so that the crunchiness of the veggies remains the same.
6. Slit the green chilli along lengthwise and add that too.
7. Sauté all the vegetables on high flame for two more minutes.
8. Take one tbsp of chilli tomato sauce and two tbsp of soya sauce in a cup. Mix them thoroughly.
9. Now add this sauce to the sautéed veggies. Stir well and sauté for one more minute.
10. Now add two cups of water into it. Bring them to boil.
11. When it starts boiling, take one tbsp of corn flour and add three tbsp of water into it. Mix well without forming any lumps.
12. Now add corn starch to the boiling veggies. Mix thoroughly and boil for five more minutes or till the right consistency is achieved. Add just two pinches of salt into it, because soya sauce and chilli sauce contain good amount of salt. Also add black pepper powder.
13. Switch off the flame and add few chopped spring onions.
14. Transfer the mix vegetable sauce into a serving bowl. Now the delicious mix vegetable sauce is ready to serve hot.
15. Serve mix vegetable sauce with veg fried rice and enjoy.
The vegetables can be replaced with dry veg manchurian to prepare veg manchurian(Wet). Remaining procedure is same as above.
Check my other Indochinese recipes here.
Thank you for visiting akshayakumbham and leaving comments. Your comments are really appreciated.