Uppu pindi another variation
I’ve posted Uppu pindi with mudi senagalu in my earlier recipe. This recipe is almost similar to that recipe. Instead of using black chick peas I’ve used moong dal. Remaining procedure is the same. Soaking of moong dal is not required as it takes less time to cook. Moong dal Uppu pindi tastes amazing when prepared in normal Kadai. A thin crispy layer stick to the Kadai after cooking. This slightly burnt and crunchy layer(maadu in Telugu) is very delicious. The thin layer we don’t get when we use non stick kadai. Here I present comforting breakfast Uppu pindi with pesara pappu(moong dal) to relish on any day along with buttermilk(traditional combination). Buttermilk quenches our thirst after having Uppu pindi and soothes our throat. Njoy Cooking,Serving n Savoring!
Rice rava: 1 1/2 cups
Moong dal: 2 tsp
Green chillies: 3 nos.
Curry leaves: A sprig
Salt: As required
Water: 3 cups
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Mustard: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch(Optional)
Method of preparation:
1. Heat Kadai when it becomes hot pour oil and add tempering ingredients. When mustard splutters add a pinch of hing and curry leaves. Chop the green chillies into halves and add them too. Stir the tempering once and add pesara pappu/moong dal.
2. Now add 3 cups of water and bring it to boil.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups rice rava and keep stirring continuously without forming lumps.
4. Keep the lid closed and cook on low flame stirring occasionally.
5. While mixing the Uppu pindi thin crust sticks to the bottom of the layer.
6. Mix well and cook till we get the right consistency. Nice aroma comes when it’s done.
7. Transfer the Uppu pindi onto a serving plate and serve hot with any pickle. Without any accompaniment also Uppu pindi tastes amazing.