Radish leaves curry is prepared using radish leaves. People in general discard the leaves and only use radish root. But radish leaves possess high nutritional value with sharply strong taste. Radish leaves are good supplement for iron deficiency. They contain dietary fibre. Radish leaves dissolve stones deposited in the kidney and flushes through urinary bladder. Radish leaves also give relief from constipation. So with all its amazing health benefits, from now on we incorporate in our regular meal without disposing. Here I present simple and easy radish leaves curry which can be served with hot steamed rice. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!
Radish leaves: 3 small bunches(or leaves picked from 3 radish)
Moong dal: 2 tbsp
Fresh grated coconut: 1- 1 1/2 tbsp
Oil: 1 1/2 tbsp
Chana dal: 1 tsp
Urad dal: 1 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Cumin seeds/jeera: 1 tsp
Hing: A pinch
Turmeric: A pinch
Method of preparation:
1. Pluck the radish leaves from radish.
2. Rinse thoroughly 2/3 times under running water.
3. Finely chop the leaves and keep aside.
4. Take a vessel and put chopped radish leaves adding sufficient quantity of water.
5. Add moong dal into it and boil them together. Boil the leaves and dal for 15-20 minutes or till the leaves are cooked.
6. Now heat Kadai pour oil add mustard seeds, cumin, chana dal and urad dal. When mustard splutters add hing into it.
7. Now add fresh grated coconut too. Mix thoroughly.
8. To this add cooked radish leaves and moong dal mixture and mix thoroughly with spatula.
9. Keep on low flame stirring at intervals till all the excess water present in leaves evaporate.
10. Now add curry powder or spice powders of your choice(coriander powder or garam masala powder).
11. Mix thoroughly for a minute and switch off the stove.
12. Now the radish leaves curry is ready and can be served with steamed rice or can be directly consumed like salad. Because it’s not spicy and I haven’t added any chilli powder to it.
Radish leaves curry can also be prepared along with radish. While preparing this curry, chop the radish into fine pieces and steam radish and leaves together in pressure cooker. Remaining procedure is same as the above.