Multigrain Atta Poori

imageMultigrain atta poori

The preparation of multigrain poori is exactly the same as normal wheat poori. Only difference is I have used multigrain flour instead of wheat flour. It contains wheat, soya, Channa(Besan), oat,maize flours and psyllium husk. Multigrain atta consists of 90% wheat flours and remaining 10 percent other flours. It’s full of protein, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. I’ve served poori with mixed Chole, which I posted earlier. I have made few pooris in different shapes for the kids to look more attractive. Here I present multigrain atta poori served with Chole masala. Njoy Cooking, Serving n Savoring!


Multigrain atta: 1 cup

Water: 3/4 th cup

Salt: half tea spoon

Ghee/oil: 1 tsp.

Oil: for deep frying

Atta: 2 tbsp for rolling pooris.

Method of preparation:

1. Take one cup of multigrain atta into a broad vessel, which is convenient to mix the flour.

2. Put salt, tsp of oil adding three fourth cup of water slowly. Make the dough.

3. The poori dough should be little harder than chapathi dough. Otherwise pooris drink too much oil.

4. Knead well the dough and keep aside for 30 minutes not more than that.image

5. Heat kadai, pour oil for deep frying and allow to become hot.image

6. Now make small balls from the kneaded dough and roll into medium size discs.image

7. Check the heat of oil for frying and carefully drop the discs in hot oil to get puffed pooris.image

8. Fry the pooris on both sides carefully and transfer them using perforated ladle onto a plate consists of paper towel to absorb excess oil.

9. Likewise fry all the rolled pooris in batches and transfer them onto a plate.image

10. Now the piping hot puffed pooris are ready.

11. For kids, few pooris I’ve made in heart shape.image

12. Fry them too in hot oil.

13. Now the delicious pooris with Chole masala are ready to serve hot.image